Suggestions / Предложения

Главная Форумы Общий Suggestions / Предложения

Просмотр 4 сообщений - с 1 по 4 (из 4 всего)
  • Автор

1. Make it so firearms have no permanent durability loss, but melee weapons do. In reality, guns really are almost never permanently broken. Every part that breaks can be replaced. Even if everything is destroyed except the stock, it can all be replaced. I know this from experience, I own several firearms. I’ve seen games that have it so if you repair your gun X amount of times, it eventually becomes permanently unusable. I think this is very silly and a lazy feature that makes the game far too unrealistic. A good repair system is what is needed. With melee weapons, however, you can only repair a baseball bat so many times before it turns into a lump of duct tape, glue, and wood that is essentially useless for combat. So I think there should be permanent durability loss for melee weapons, NOT for guns. I hate the idea of my trusty shotgun becoming unusable because I repaired it too many times, that makes no sense. It just seems silly to me.

2. Regarding the death penalty in more dangerous areas, I think it should be that your equipped weapons can never be lost. That way even if you die in the most dangerous area and lose everything but your firearms, you still have something to defend yourself with.

What are your guys’s thoughts on these suggestions?

Last Frontier
    Разработчик, Администратор

1. Make it so firearms have no permanent durability loss, but melee weapons do. In reality, guns really are almost never permanently broken. Every part that breaks can be replaced. Even if everything is destroyed except the stock, it can all be replaced. I know this from experience, I own several firearms. I’ve seen games that have it so if you repair your gun X amount of times, it eventually becomes permanently unusable. I think this is very silly and a lazy feature that makes the game far too unrealistic. A good repair system is what is needed. With melee weapons, however, you can only repair a baseball bat so many times before it turns into a lump of duct tape, glue, and wood that is essentially useless for combat. So I think there should be permanent durability loss for melee weapons, NOT for guns. I hate the idea of my trusty shotgun becoming unusable because I repaired it too many times, that makes no sense. It just seems silly to me.

Currently we have no final decision on damage/repare system. In general we’ll follow next rules:
    – all equipment will reduce effectiveness after long use – so you’ll need to repare it from time to time;
    – some equipment can’t be totally broken even without repair – that’s about most valuable equipment;
    – some equipment can be totally broken – that’s about non-critical equipment – so in general – hard to obtain = hard to loose; easy to obtain = easy to loose;
    – some equipment will became unusable after certain period of time – for example some types of food, some of quest items etc. – to avoid generating of “garbage loot”

It’s not only about realistic, it’s also about gameplay and balanse.

2. Regarding the death penalty in more dangerous areas, I think it should be that your equipped weapons can never be lost. That way even if you die in the most dangerous area and lose everything but your firearms, you still have something to defend yourself with.

Additionally to different danger level in areas every item will also have it’s “drop chance” and player will be able to reduce this chance for his items, even till 0 for some types of weapons/equipment. But if your item drop chance not equal to 0 – you still have a chanse to loose it.

What are your guys’s thoughts on these suggestions?

Good suggestions! Of course that doesn’t mean that everything in game will be done right as you describe here

Currently we have no final decision on damage/repare system. In general we’ll follow next rules:
    – all equipment will reduce effectiveness after long use – so you’ll need to repare it from time to time;
    – some equipment can’t be totally broken even without repair – that’s about most valuable equipment;
    – some equipment can be totally broken – that’s about non-critical equipment – so in general – hard to obtain = hard to loose; easy to obtain = easy to loose;
    – some equipment will became unusable after certain period of time – for example some types of food, some of quest items etc. – to avoid generating of “garbage loot”

It’s not only about realistic, it’s also about gameplay and balanse.

By totally broken, you mean the item can still be repaired but it can’t be used until repaired, right?

I’m fine with food and such being like that, I just don’t like it when it’s like that for armor and weapons.

Additionally to different danger level in areas every item will also have it’s “drop chance” and player will be able to reduce this chance for his items, even till 0 for some types of weapons/equipment. But if your item drop chance not equal to 0 – you still have a chanse to loose it.

As long as I’m able to make the drop chance on any good guns I find equal to zero, I’ll be happy. =) Armor comes second to weapons in my eyes.

Good suggestions! Of course that doesn’t mean that everything in game will be done right as you describe here

Thanks!

Last Frontier
    Разработчик, Администратор

By totally broken, you mean the item can still be repaired but it can’t be used until repaired, right?

It depends. Some items can be broken at all – destroyed.

I’m fine with food and such being like that, I just don’t like it when it’s like that for armor and weapons.

Common weapons and armors can be totally destroyer, but there will be no big problem to find same item.

At last for now we plan to make system this way.

As long as I’m able to make the drop chance on any good guns I find equal to zero, I’ll be happy. =) Armor comes second to weapons in my eyes.

Good

Thanks!

Thank You!

Просмотр 4 сообщений - с 1 по 4 (из 4 всего)
  • Для ответа в этой теме необходимо авторизоваться.